The Jackson County (N.C.) Chamber of Commerce published its 13th annual “Our Town” magazine on Jan. 30. The 44-page community guide shines a spotlight on the many wonderful businesses, events and communities of Jackson County.
“We are excited to release this year’s Our Town magazine,” said Jackson County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Julie Spiro. “Our staff works tirelessly on this annual product and we are extremely proud of this publication.”
Four years ago, the chamber brought publishing the magazine in house, for the purpose of using the additional revenue for July 4 fireworks and Concerts on the Creek.
“We distribute this publication all across the U.S., each year through information requests submitted via our website and phone calls,” added Spiro. “We also keep regional welcome centers, hotels and restaurants stocked with this publication and hand them out in our visitor centers in Sylva and Dillsboro, plus five kiosks scattered across the county.”
Highlighted features inside this year’s edition include:
* Detailed looks at all of Jackson County’s communities
* County statistics and important contact information
* Upcoming events and festivals for 2018
* The chamber’s fourth year of providing fireworks and a concert on July 4, 2018
* Jackson County’s educational opportunities
* The home of the N.C. Trout Capital and WNC Fly Fishing Trail and second annual Hook, Line and Drinker Festival
* Our scenic outdoors, including waterfalls, hiking trails and more.
* The chamber’s generous Platinum partners at Harris Regional Hospital and Harrah’s
* The ninth season of Concerts on the Creek
* Pet friendly establishments in county
* Fun things to do on a rainy day
* The family friendly atmosphere created by our family-owned member businesses
* Plus, advertising by our many chamber businesses and partners, as well as a chamber directory of all members.
“The Our Town magazine is a valuable relocation tool for people moving to the area, as well as an excellent advertising opportunity for our member businesses and partners,” added Spiro. “Thousands of these community guides are distributed each year.
Our Town is available to view online HERE. To order a free copy visit www.mountainlovers.com and then hit “request information” or call the Chamber office at 828-586-2155.