About The Chamber
Join the Chamber Now! Download our CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION, which details all the benefits of being a member!"
The Jackson County Chamber of Commerce serves as the driving force behind the county's prosperous and diverse business community. At 450 members and growing, the Chamber's mission is to:
"Improve the welfare and quality of life of Jackson County citizens through smart economic growth."
The Chamber office:
There are numerous reasons and benefits to chamber membership. Read more below!
A Message From the Director
Jackson County is a great place to visit. It's an even better place to live. As the old hymn says, "There is beauty all around." Beauty in the mountain ranges, in the fertile valleys, in meandering streams and rushing waterfalls. Beauty, too, in the people who live here, friendly people who lift a hand in a neighborly wave as you pass them on the road, who answer questions about the area with native courtesy and quiet dignity. And beauty in the professional people who help you if they know an easier way to do things or a way that might save you time and money.
Travel and Tourism Authority
The Chamber administers the Travel and Tourism Authority program of work, responding to all tourism-related inquiries and fulfilling all other aspects of the TTA's responsibilities. We partner with the TTA to increase the number of visitors to our county, while working to increase local awareness of the economic impact of tourism.
The Tourism Authority Board of Directors meet on the 4th Wednesday of most months at 10:30 a.m. in the conference room of the Hooper House (please see website calendar for current dates). If you wish to be on the Tourism Authority agenda, please contact 'julie (at) nc-mountains.com' at least 10 days in advance. Meeting location and dates subject to change, please call 586-2155 to confirm.
Jackson County Chamber of Commerce members benefit from the following services:
- A free listing in the annual Jackson County Chamber of Commerce membership directory and community magazine, Our Town. The guide is available online at OurTownNC.com, and is mailed to all potential new residents and distributed from our office to all members and interested visitors. Members may purchase advertising in this publication, independent of their free listing.
- A free listing on the joint Chamber of Commerce/Travel & Tourism Authority site, mountainlovers.com, and a free link to your web page.
- The benefits of our members-only referral program. More than 40,000 walk-in, call-in and write-in customers contact us each year.
- Vacation and Relocation Lists. We collect data from vacationers and new residents. This information is available to Chamber members, many of whom use the information to market their businesses.
- The opportunity to display brochures and literature in our Visitor Centers and kiosk, with exposure to more than 35,000 visitors quarterly.
- Exposure in our monthly Chamber E-newsletter. Newsworthy articles about businesses are included at editors’ discretion.
- Free ribbon-cutting ceremonies and Grand Opening banners are available to new or expanding businesses, along with services provided by the Chamber Ambassadors Club.
- The Chamber has endowed two scholarships at WCU and SCC. Preferences will be given to candidates closely affiliated with the Chamber, as well as meeting other requirements.
- Business After Hours programs. Opportunities to network your business with other members in a relaxed social atmosphere, either by hosting or attending the events. We also host an annual Membership Picnic.
- The Chamber sponsors small business seminars and takes a leadership role in the numerous community events.
- Opportunities for exposure through events, like the Chamber’s Stonewall Challenge Golf Tournament.
Join the Chamber Now! Download our Chamber Membership Application, which details all the benefits of being a member!"